Responsible for developing, implementing and managing the business plans for their vendors and categories including all marketing and merchandising efforts for assigned vendors and categories. Product Managers are responsible for driving revenue and profit growth for assigned product lines and adjusting strategies to meet the needs of the business. Product Manager manages each SKU, pricing and promotional strategies through product life cycle. Additionally this position works closely with sales, marketing, and operations to ensure cohesive execution of these strategies.
Reporting to the VP of Product Marketing and located in our St. Charles, MO headquarters, the Product Manager will:
- Direct the marketing activities of the assigned products. He/she develops and implements strategic and tactical plans for assigned categories to meet growth, operating and profitability goals
- Monitors performance against business plan goals taking corrective action as required.
- Provides initial forecasts for new Products
- Works closely with Sales department on product inquiries, program details and deal specific opportunities.
- Analyzes and recommends action items based on product costs, competitive pressures, unit/dollar volume, gross margins, market research, and our distribution model.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge and expertise of the vendors, categories, technology trends, and evolving consumer behavior patterns
- Oversees new Vendor/product launch ensuring new products launched on time and within planned financial parameters
- Develops sales strategy, in conjunction with the sales team, utilizing market/vendor research results to formulate and strengthen sales presentation
- Supports new business development with other category managers and sales by identifying and developing cross-promotional partners and products offerings for assigned product
- Manages the reporting of claims for Coop/Rebates
- Manages all vendor required reporting functions
- Collaborates with DM marketing and advertising staff to provide program literature, collateral material, marketing pieces and market research
- Creates and implements national marketing campaigns, promotions and programs that will strengthen the company’s (and/or their suppliers) brand awareness and its competitive advantage in each of its channels
- A college degree required
- 2+ years’ experience in Product Marketing, or merchandising-management in a consumer goods, manufacturing or wholesale organization in multiple reseller channels. Preferably IT Consumables/office supplies, IT Hardware
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multifunctional teams; strong interpersonal and judgment skills
- Strong strategic thought process
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Strong problem resolution skills – practical and logical
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast-moving environment and meet deadlines
- Solid interpersonal and communication
About Supplies Network
Supplies Network is the largest privately owned wholesaler of IT consumables in the U.S. An early innovator of Managed Print Services, the company leverages top industry talent, a dedicated IT-Development team with experience in packaging SaaS services, and relationships with all segments of the print-provider value chain including major supplies manufacturers and dealers. In addition to being a leader in print management, Supplies Network specializes in IT supplies, equipment, office accessories and data storage media from 80 leading manufacturers. One- and two-day UPS ground delivery is available to 99% of the U.S. population. Visit www.suppliesnetwork.com for more information.